Monday, June 8, 2009

Isabel 1 month


The apple of our eyes turned one month old today, and realizing her little coming-of-age, she decided to smile a bit for us. A bit?? A lot! She is a VERY smiley baby! And it's not just a small hint of a smile anymore -- it's a full on grin. I am SOOO happy she has reached this day! Well, besides the beautiful smiles and happiness, the one-month mark means squeaky-leaky poo! My mom ran an errand today and I got to take care of sleepy Izz. In the midst of all her sleepiness, she started to wail. I suspected she needed a diaper change. Did she!
I can honestly say that I don't think I've ever changed a diaper that bad. It was all over her rocker, and her onesie and her diaper was yellow. It was a truly sickening sight. I called my mom gaggin and choking, with a naked baby that was not too excited to be naked and covered in poo. I probably wouldn't be either, of course.
After ten minutes of wiping, throwing away, more wiping and throwing away, and changing, I got her settled down and now she is slepping like the angel she is in her vibrating chair.
After this event, I just have one question:
Does it get worse with age?

No comments: