Sunday, July 27, 2008

Lake Powell Pics








Aw, Lake Powell. Nothing like it. The breeze, the wakeboarding, the beautiful cliffs . . .take me there once and I am an ADDICT. Let's start off with some new accomplishments, shall we?

Talmage learned how to wakeboard. I learned how to go outside the wake ON THE WAKEBOARD (thanks to Aunt Ali and fam, I am already a wakerboarder) and come back in with survival on my first try outside the wake. Brave Tal gave it one try, but he will someday meet my standards.

The two-minute challenge: Reyna and Addison. A tube - a normal tube - placed behind the propeler of a boat, off you go at 120 MPH, and Crazy Drivin' Robert takes you on a spin. The ones who survive longer on the tube wins the "two-minute challenge". However, if you make it to two minutes, you are succesfully crowned legal to brag. Last year, ole' dad took it off at his own personal record of seven seconds - what a hoot! After that, I wanted so eagerly to try the two-minute challenge. I got my chance. Go into 1:38 record distance time, Reyna and I began FLYING. We flipped over and that ended our journey. Who can beat us? NO ONE. That's what we thought...

Jeff and Spencer are a threat. They beat our time by a mear twelve seconds, with 1:50 time. No legal bragging crown, but by their enjoyment, a victory; a success; a smirk here and there, but no body slamming and angry torment.






Our cliff diving experience. . .this is quite the story. It may not LOOK high, but folks, once you get up there, it's killing you. Of course, CERTAIN people decided to take the 40+ feet coute DOWN, which was probably the scareist thing in a persons life. It's like saying, "So, should I die hard, or . . . die hard?" It's a one-answer quiestion. And after those CERTAIN people jumped, we all were begging and pleading to go home. It was literally terrifying. I wont say names, just in case CERTAIN people are reading this blog (you're welcome, guys) but I was killing to go up and jump off. I want to go SO BAD.

The picture with the people in it sleeping on the houseboat floor of the kitchen/living room/dining room is QUITE FUNNY. We were houseboating in a NICE NICE houseboat (hence, Robert and Kristen's luxorious family fun center) on the roof. It was a nice night - lightning striking at a reasonable distance, no thunder heard, when the STRONGEST, tornado-influencing blow of wind woke me up. TERROR. Being in tornadoes, hence when we lived in the South and Midwest, tornadoes were daily. Hate them so bad. I am ALWAYS prepared. So, I quickly shut down THAT idea and picked up my belongings and trucked downstairs, where Kristen and Robert situated me comfortably on the kitchen floor. That's the beginning of our problem. Next came Caroline and Reyna explaing the wind was picking up. Soon, it started rainging. I light rain - about two people came down. Then, we heard strong hittings of rain. The last three up there were Rob, Marty, and Jeff. Save our souls. No, wait, save theirs! We had to practically FORCE them down, where we slept that night. Yep, that's family bonding!


The picture of the four "boat jumpers" are me, Reyna, Ainsley, and Spencer. It was so cool and so fun. That's one of my FAVORITE pictures. We'd go sliding off the back of the houseboat on the slide, and Spencer, my dad, and I think Marty jumped off the side of the houseboat. I was pretty scared.


We relaxed, wakeboarded, made string bracelets, and did other, and it was so fun and SO COOL. We went last year, but this year we went with a whole new group and that was exciting. Talmage caught about 100 frogs up in the canyon, and we jumped over these big black holes about 10 ft. deep and walked back far in the canyon. We swam at least a half-mile through the canyon (so refreshing!), went on ABOVE AND BEYOND CRAZY jet ski rides, had cool dance parties beyond comparison, ECT.

It was great fun! Thanks!

3 comments:

snsrose said...

looks like you had an awesome time at Lake Powell.

Kristen said...

We had so so much fun with you! Great post of Lake Powell!

Kristen said...

We had so so much fun with you! Great post of Lake Powell!